Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wes Duce Interview.



WES DUCE.

LC
:

Where did you get your name from?

Wes Duce:

Well at first, it was Just Wes but it seemed....dry...like it needed something else...so I was in the process of moving from St. Louis to Texas and i figured everyone down here said deuce.

I liked the way Papoose said his name (papoose, pap-poose) so I came to Wes Duce as a name. Originally I thought I'd say wesduce, wes-duce lol...but turns out i don't, then I dropped the E to be different. and there we have it Wes Duce. Spell it right!

LC:

Ok, cool.

LC:

So where are you originally from?

Wes Duce:

St. Louis missouri ...

LC:

When did you start to rap and who are your influences?

Wes Duce:

Id always rap other people songs as a kid. I think in 5th grade, I actually wrote a rap for the first time and since then I've been trying to work on it.

Some of my influences are Nelly, Bone thugs n Harmony, and Jay-z; my brother grew up on that so I'd always hear it. Kanye West also, Through the Wire is my favorite song to date, Lupe Fiasco, and anyone doing them and having fun making music.

Wes Duce:

That's the most important part.

LC:

Two Chicago artists there, lol. Do you have a coast-specific sound?

Wes Duce:

Haha, and nah, I just try to rap and be good at it.

LC:

Do you have any mixtapes out?

Wes Duce:

No. I do have one coming really really reallly super duper, ultra soon. Hopefully. I'm just waiting on some mixing and mastering.

LC:

Do you plan on reaching out to some NTers for collaborations on this product? But before we go there, when did you join NT, and what has it done for you as an artist?

Wes Duce:

I joined in 06. I think I found the site in 03, started browsing in like 05 or 04 and it use to just get me angry as an artist lol.

Then Seymore Cake reached out to me while everyone was downing me, and he told me to email G.o.D. Jewels. From then on I've learned a lot. There was also another NTer who helped me a bunch more than any other. He is an RnB artist by the name of DMV. As far as collaborations, my project is straight NT from the artwork to the one feature (G.o.D. Jewels) and all the production.

LC:

That's whassup.

LC:

What kind of artist are you? What do your lyrics consist of? Are you a backpacker? Mainstream artist? Underground? Madateveryonefucktheworld?

Wes Duce:

Haha ... I'm just someone aiming to make good music. I want something that I can listen too.

I usually rap about things in my life or what I know about and what I've been through: experiences, events, regrets, everything... I'm a universal artist.

LC:

I understand, lastly, from what I understand, you're not even 18 yet! When will you be?

Wes Duce:

July 7, 2011.

LC:

Lol, alright. Well thanks for your time, and good luck with your music and future projects.

Wes Duce:

Thank ya! for taking my time (o_o) good luck with these long ass interviews lol....I appreciate it.

Contact Wes Duce: http://twitter.com/wesduce

No comments:

Post a Comment