Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Qualmes Mr.Choad Himself


TheBloggyLama: Whats your NT name?
Qualmes: Qualmes.
TheBloggyLama: How long you been on there for?
Qualmes: Since 03.
TheBloggyLama : How were you put onto NT?
Qualmes: One of my older homies used to browse it in class and I caught on from all the pictures and shit he would go through.
TheBloggyLama : I see. How often do you visit NT?
Qualmes: I visit it pretty often I sell a lot of shit on there and its mad helpful pushing out music,etc.

TheBloggyLama: Definitly. Where did the name Qualmes come from?
Qualmes: My moms...she always told me when using words never say um like everybody else...if I didnt have a problem with anything itstead of saying I dont have a problem with that say I have no qualms with that...it stuck with me just flipped it a little.
TheBloggyLama: Haha nice. Whats your real name?
Qualmes: 0_0
Qualmes: Tor. This better not be some shit where u end up stealing my social security or some shit.
TheBloggyLama: Where do you bank at?
TheBloggyLama: Just kidding. No seriously where do you bank at?
Qualmes: I dont bank, keep the stash in a shoe box.
TheBloggyLama: Is your name short for Torrance?
Qualmes: Yeah.
TheBloggyLama: Cute.
Qualmes: Ayo.
TheBloggyLama: How old are you?
Qualmes: 22.
TheBloggyLama: Where are you from, and where exactly do you reside?
Qualmes: From La...Im all around La all the time so where I stay is up in the air lol.

TheBloggyLama: I see. What exactly do you do? I know you rap but what else?
Qualmes: Song write..pretty much anything involved with creating music from the writing aspect whether it be rap,r&b,pop,etc.
TheBloggyLama: Have you wrote for any known artists?
Qualmes: Yeah...some things were picked up, some not ,some tentative...cant really talk about it till the paperwork is done but I'm getting my feet in there.
TheBloggyLama : Sounds good. How long you been doing music?
Qualmes: I been taking it serious for about 4 years now.
TheBloggyLama: You put out any mixtapes?
Qualmes: Yeah. Dropped one with Blackwallstreet a few years ago and one with Shadyville last summer.
TheBloggyLama: Really? What are they called? I'm a little embarrassed I didn't get a chance to do some homework on you. (no Homo)
Qualmes: Lol no prob the Blackwall joint is called Recipe For Destruction and the Shadyville one is called From The Ground Up.
Qualmes: They both to me like my feet in the water joints but the tape I'm about to put out next month called Red Eye Flight is really gonna be the attention getter.
TheBloggyLama: What else can you tell me about Red Eye Flight? Features? Production?
Qualmes: Its a concept joint...the dark songs are the equivalence to the turbulence during the flight so you go from take off to during the flight to landing. The take off portion is a take off from the end of the last mixtape.
Qualmes: And the landing/end of the tape is opening up a whole new chapter in my career.

TheBloggyLama: Are you signed?
Qualmes: Nah I'm not signed right now but I'm talking to a few labels.
TheBloggyLama: Is "What you gone do" on Red Eye Flight?
Qualmes: Indeed thats the first single from it...prob gonna end up pushing 4 joints as singles off it.
TheBloggyLama: Is it a album or mixtape?
Qualmes: Mixtape, but we treating it like an album.
TheBloggyLama: Thats how you got to do it these days. Push it and make videos and quality work mixtapes.
Qualmes: Exactly, you gotta pre sale yourself already.
TheBloggyLama: Yup make sure you keep the bidding from labels up.
Qualmes: Indeed, you gotta treat everything like your pushing it on a big label, everything has to be a big project.
TheBloggyLama: Yea with this blog I'm doing I'm trying to get members of NT connect a little bit more. And helping them promote there projects in one place.
Qualmes: Yeah thats def a good luck, I know a lot of cats on there wanna reach out more with each other but just dont have the tools for it.
TheBloggyLama: Yea I'm hoping to get this picked up and progress from it.

TheBloggyLama: So what inspires you?
Qualmes: Everything in life, from the first breath I take in the morning. To many people stress out about shit instead of taking things step by step and making it fun and positive.
TheBloggyLama: Thats true. Who do you think is the best rapper out?
Qualmes: Currently I would say Drake. Complete package artist. There a lot of rappers who are more lyrical yatta yatta yatta but fail at putting together quality music.
TheBloggyLama: Yea Drake has mastered his craft pretty much in my opinion, at least we'll see when his album drops.
Qualmes: Yeah...that first album is what determines your longevity in the industry.
TheBloggyLama: Who are some of your musical influences?
Qualmes: I'm real heavy on Sade...shes always one step ahead of every genre when it comes to writing...Coldplay,Tim Mcgraw,50 cent,Eminem,Jay-z & Nas to name a few. There all at the top of there genre when creating musical pieces, not just rapping or singing but actually putting together works of there art.
TheBloggyLama: Nice to see somebody look at more forms of music than their own, that is really what you got to do these days to make your creativity standout.
Qualmes: Indeed, you gotta see the creativity people put in there music, to make you want to step outside of your own box.

TheBloggyLama: Exactly. Who would you like to work with in the near future? On NT as well as not on NT.
Qualmes: On NT..Jewels,Illi,Jynx,etc...just about anybody on there whos serious wit it ya know...Other than that Sade, 50, Bishop Lamont, Drake to name a few...As far as producers Timbo, Nottz, Boi da 1, Khalil, 1500 or nothin Sledgeren are a few heads I def wanna get it in with on the production side.

TheBloggyLama: Lets shift away from music. Lets talk about you personally.
TheBloggyLama: Alright so whats up with the TinyChats? What goes on?
Qualmes: LOL man we just all go wild in those, pure roasting, It brings everybody together to just wild out on there. Have bitches in there stripping anything can happen on any given night lol.
TheBloggyLama: What bitches? Any from NT?
Qualmes: 0_0 possibly lol, you gotta ask around for the nudes.
TheBloggyLama: So you talk a lot of shit in there its like a open roast?
Qualmes: Yeah basically, niggas just go crazy on cam talking shit.
TheBloggyLama: Who's the best shit talker?
Qualmes: I think I hold the crown but Low End Theory gets it in with me as well, Retojays goes in on the photoshops.
TheBloggyLama: LOL, I saw the video of you and Biff Lawson.
Qualmes: LOL, classic.
TheBloggyLama: Where do you think of all that stuff?
Qualmes: man my mind moves a million miles a minute, the more random the funnier, predictable shit is to used.

TheBloggyLama: Ever thought of being a comedian?
Qualmes: It's crossed my mind...I'm sure music will open the door to it or vice versa...I'm def gonna be doing both at some point.
TheBloggyLama: Maybe make a comedy album.
Qualmes: Im def down for that, but you gotta come at folks serious first for the respect, cause soon as you get to silly going serious is out the picture you know what I'm saying.
TheBloggyLama: What is a "choad?"
Qualmes: apjidfoh0er9ghiube LMAO.
Qualmes: Anybody whos just acting like a dickhead, or doing some silly shit, anyone can follow into the choad category.

TheBloggyLama: Ramdom question. Does Qualmes watch The Bad Girls Club?
Qualmes: Nah lol.
Qualmes: I'm not to heavy on tv, I got bum ass cable lol.
TheBloggyLama: You got channel 2-13?
Qualmes: Damn near lol, I got basic shit MTV, BET, Sports center, need that good TV tired of this boring ass Flintstone shit.
TheBloggyLama: Yea and I'm sure you get your fix of re-runs of Full House and Family Matters daily.
Qualmes: Not even that good. I'm on that love is marriage shit. Fail.

TheBloggyLama: So whats the next thing for Qualmes?
Qualmes: I'm dropping The Red Eye Flight at the end of this month/early April. We pushing it hard, on some So Far Gone steez.
TheBloggyLama: How can people get in contact with you?
Qualmes: Everything Qualmes basically. Email qualmes@gmail.com you just Google me type in Qualmes and you can find me.
TheBloggyLama: Qualmes at AdultFriendFinder as well?
Qualmes: *DEAD* shit probably. Niggas have made me a got damn eharmony.
Qualmes: God knows what else niggas got me under lol.
TheBloggyLama: Any last words?
Qualmes: Be ready for the movement this year..Im coming out of left field out of nowhere on everybody in the game.
TheBloggyLama: Shoutouts?
Qualmes: Shout outs to NT all yall choads is a movement regardless how small niggas think they are. Shout out to my nigga GQ cause hes def brought me to the forefront in this music shit.
TheBloggyLama: [coughs]TheBloggyLama[coughs]
Qualmes: Most def my dude, I appreciate the time and reaching out. I def fucks with folks like you first :hat.
TheBloggyLama: Appreciate the interview good luck with everything music and may your shit talking excel
Qualmes: :hat thank you my good sir

No comments:

Post a Comment